Uniform must be smart and clean at all times of the year.
Children are expected to take pride in their appearance.
Items with a school logo can be bought from The Uniform Shop (See below for details)
Order forms available here or from the school office
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- White polo shirt
- Smart grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore
- Grey or white socks or tights
- Black school shoes
Shoes must be sensible and securely fit to the foot. This is to facilitate safe walking and playing. If children wear boots in winter these must be black and a pair of indoor shoes must be provided (these can be plimsolls). Boots are not allowed in the summer term.
Summer term only
- Sun hats
- Red checked dress
The red shorts and logo items are available from The Uniform Shop
- Red Shorts
- White Abel Smith logo t-shirt
- Red logo hoodie for colder weather (a school jumper can be worn as an alternative)
- Black plimsolls for indoor P.E. and trainers for outdoor P.E.
- Black jogging bottoms in winter
- Small red logo draw string P.E. bag
- A school book bag is provided for all years by The Uniform Shop. Year 6 are the only class allowed to bring their own book bag.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied back. Hair accessories must be plain and in school colours.
- With the exception of watches, no ‘jewellery’ should be worn. If your child has pierced ears, then only studs should be worn.
- Nail varnish is strictly prohibited.
Reminders will be sent home if children are not wearing the correct uniform.
All children’s clothing must be clearly marked with their name to avoid confusion and loss.
Coats need a loop so that they can be securely hooked on a peg.
The uniform shop is open every Monday afternoon from 3pm to 3.30pm in the dining hall. As well as running the shop we also process all orders received via bookbags or handed into the school office every Monday. Please either download this order form or get one from the school office.
Please either send the completed form via your child’s bookbag, or take it directly to the school office in an envelope with payment. Cheques should be made payable to Abel Smith PFA. If sending cash, please send the correct money as we only keep a small float. Your order will be processed the following Monday afternoon and sent home with your child.