In Year 6 we believe that it is essential that the children are independent and responsible for their own organisation.
We welcome your support to:
- Make sure your child arrives on time to school.
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Support your child in ensuring that they are fully equipped for the day.
- Help your child to take responsibility for completing their school jobs.
- Check that your child is dressed in the correct school uniform and has a full PE kit in school each day.
- Hear your child read regularly and write a positive comment in their diary.
- Provide a quiet space for your child to do their homework and support when necessary.
- Talk to your child about their day and encourage them to tell you about their learning.
- To further develop their independence, encourage your child to discuss any worries that they may have about school with me.
- Support our positive behaviour for learning policy by discussing appropriate behaviour with your child and ways to avoid / deal with confrontation
- Wednesday 21st June 4pm – 6pm – District Sports
- Saturday 1st July – Summer Fair, organised by Year 6. Please speak to Mrs Tranter if you haven’t already signed up to help.
- Tuesday 4th July 1pm – Sports Day
- Thursday 6th July 6pm – Open Evening
- Tuesday 11th July – Rounders Festival @ Chauncy School
- Thursday 13th July – Moving on Day (Children visit their new schools)
- Friday 14th July – Reports out to parents
- Monday 17th July 1pm – Y6 Dress rehearsal
- Tuesday 18th July 7pm – Y6 Performance of ‘Hoodwinked’
- Thursday 20th July 6pm – Y6 Picnic with parents (no siblings)
- Friday 21st July 1.15pm – Y6 Leaver’s Assembly
- 21st July – 2pm Finish
|Art & DT||
- Homework will be given out each Monday and must be returned on the following Monday morning
- Homework will consist of: Reading, Spellings, Grammar book & Maths book.
- In Year 6, children will be tested on their weekly spellings on a Monday
- Year 6 must have their home learning books in school every day.
- PE lessons on a Wednesday but we may go out for extra sessions during the week.