Hello, I am Miss Debnam, I have now been working at Abel Smith for 2 years having completed my schools direct training at the school. I am currently the class teacher in Year 1 and love the job of ensuring the children transition into key stage 1 with a passion for learning, a determination to always try their best and a love for coming to school every day! I strive to make school fun, engaging and purposeful to every individual in my class.
|Pattern, Rhyme and Repetition
· To find rhyming patterns and rhyming couplets within a poem.
· To write a poem about an action – skipping.
Fantasy stories – Superheroes
· Exploring fantasy genres
· Looking at creating new settings and characters that are not based on reality.
· Writing a complete story.
· Creating lists using bullet points
· Differentiated between fact and fictional information
· Writing about the weather
|Handwriting- Pre-Cursive script.|
· Finding half and a quarter of given quantities and shapes
· Applying addition and subtraction skills to word problems
· Count up in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
· Find more and less than given numbers
· Counting up to and over 100
Shape, Space and Measure
· Begin to measure length, height and capacity
· Recognising coins and notes and their monetary values
· Knowing the four seasons
· Weather types associated with each season
· Researching safely and accessing information through technology.
· Presenting fund information using Microsoft word or power point.
· Learning about seasonal weather
· Weather around the world
· Weather forecasts
· Extreme weather
· Books that belong to different religions
· Why are books important to us and others?
A range of floating techniques
Miss Todd music specialist instrumental teacher
- A homework task will be set each Monday and must be given in to be marked on the following Monday morning
- In Year 1, I will be testing the children during the last week of each half term on words from the 100 high frequency list for the Year 1 age range.
- Times tables will be learnt during our maths lessons and will be included within homework tasks.
- Homework will alternate on a fortnightly basis between English, Maths and Topic.