|Poems about the Senses
- To identify the five senses.
- To identify adjectives associated with the five senses.
Stories with repeating patterns
- Identifying sections of a story – beginning, middle and end.
- Writing character and setting descriptions.
- Using a capital letter and full stop.
Labels, Lists and Signs
- Creating lists using bullet points
- Writing labels using capital letters for proper nouns.
- ·Creating a class display.
|Handwriting- Pre-Cursive script.
|Weeks 2 – 5: Place Value – Numbers to ten
- Sort/ Count and represent objects
- Counting forwards and backwards
- One more and One less
- Ordinal numbers
Weeks 6 and 7: Number – Addition and Subtraction
· Number bonds to ten
· Recognising the addition, subtraction and equals signs
- How do our bodies change as we grow up?
- The five senses
- Learning about our body parts and how they work
- How can we stay fit and healthy?
- What is time?
- Using words associated with the past
- Learning about school life in the Victorian Era
- How different religions show they are thankful
- Harvest Festivals
- Rolling, spinning and stretching
- Which parts of our body do we naturally spin/roll on?
- How can we stretch our bodies out?
||Charanga Unit – Hey You!
- Pitch and Volume
- Learning lyrics to the Hey You! song
- Playing un-tuned instruments to match a beat
||Values of the Month:
September – Teamwork
- Importance of teamwork
- How to work well as a team
October – Diversity
- It’s okay to be different.
- Black History